Tuesday 28 May 2013

Day 1 at ELLE Magazine

Today was the day I started at Elle Magazine! After a not so fun 6am wake up call, I arrived in London, but now had to find the Hearst Magazine headquarters. Luckily, it didn't take me too long, and I was there in no time. Well, after a few wrong turns anyway. I arrived at the building, and it finally hit me that this would be my new work place for the following week. 


After introducing myself, I was welcomed with my own personal swipe card for the building, okay, so a swipe card isn't exactly exciting, but this is ELLE were talking about, and I had access to one of the biggest fashion magazine companies ever, there for it was and is a big deal!


After a tour of the building, and shown to my desk, my day began with meeting other people from the ELLE team, followed by an introduction to the amazing fashion cupboard. Surrounded by Dolce & Gabbanna, Christian Dior, Mulberry, Louis Vuitton and many other great designers, I was in girl heaven. But my task for the day was to return products back to the store ELLE had borrowed them from. 

Fashion Returns Form For ELLE.

A good half an hour into my day, I was asked if I wanted to be on the weekly 'What Elle Wears' page on the website. This shows you what some of the people at ELLE wear to work on a daily basis. I was so excited, and jumped at the chance to go and have my picture taken outside in London by the amazing photographer Victoria Adamson who works Freelance. Me, and two of the other interns Mark and Megan had our pictures shot outside in a very dull and rainy location.



These were the final shots from the pictures Victoria got outside. I can't believe I have had the great opportunity to have my picture on the website, let alone be working for the magazine. I wore a Topshop dress, teamed with a statement necklace, leather jacket and oversized tote bag. I went for a smart, casual look for the day.

The rest of my 10am-6pm day continued in the Fashion department. With more items to be returned, packaged, collected and sent back, only meant I had more return forms to complete. I found it rather rewarding, knowing that I had completed my task, getting items returned and more amazing items back into the Fashion Cupboard.

Arranging jewellery to be sent back

ELLE loves Topshop jewellery

Here is a small selection of Jewellery I sorted to be returned to the shop. ELLE orders in the items to shoot for features in the magazine, and then after the shoot, they have to be sent back to the shops, and today, it was my job to sort them all out and package them ready to be sent away tomorrow.

Overall, an amazing first day! Got my picture on the ELLE website, learnt how to do returns, and fell in love with the fashion cupboard. One of my greatest achievements and experiences so far to date.

I wonder what the rest of the week holds?

Rachel

x










No comments:

Post a Comment