Wednesday 29 May 2013

ELLE Day 2

My second day at ELLE allowed me to wake up an extra half an hour later, so that was much appreciated, trust me, these long days certainly get the better of you! But if you don't put in the hard work, you don't get the reward! I arrived at the Hearst offices at 9.50 ready for my 10am start. Before hand I was admiring the shops on Carnaby street.

My day continued with many fashion returns. Filling out paper may sound tedious, but when you get to hold and admire all the amazing designer clothes shoes and handbags, you can't complain. 

Today I also got to arrange and tidy the fashion cupboard. Yes, I know what your thinking tidying is the most boring thing on the world, but when you are arranging  Ralph Lauren bags into colour order it becomes a whole lot more fun. 

Whilst browsing through the fashion cupboard, I discovered all of the new upcoming trends. And I can tell you now, they are amazing! I can't wait for them to come out. Not that I can afford half of the items, actually, make that any of the items but even still, they are gorgeous! I won't give any away, as tempting as it is to share the wonderful new trends with you, I'll leave it as a surprise. Maybe you can guess some?...

I found today more relaxed, but I guess the second day always is. You have met everyone. Learnt your way around the building, and have a brief of what you are doing. I found today a lot easier than yesterday. 







Here are my pictures of my day from start to finish...

- Walking to ELLE along Carnaby street
- Making a start on jewellery returns
- More and more jewellery returns
- Finally last shot of the day, a huge board of the ELLE Rihanna cover. This looks great just outside the office.

Successful second day, now for a 45min train journey home, dinner, bed, then up at 6am to start the day all over again! 

Rachel  x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment