Tuesday 21 May 2013

Recent Purchases

Whilst catching up with friends this first week back at home, I couldn't help but treat myself to a few treats whilst having a 'browse' around town. It is summer after all, and nothing says summer like a bright nail varnish and some statement jewellery does it?


Above is the collection of things I brought. I got myself some bargains thankfully, as a statement necklace can be pricey depending on where you go. The two I got here are from H&M and Dorothy Perkins. The DP one is the one with the rectangles coming off it, with a lovely mirrored effect. And at £5 with matching earrings, who would say no?!


I'm a sucker for a sale on jewellery, and I have to say, before I brought these earrings, I was stood looking at the sale section for a good 15 minutes. There are so many lovely pieces to choose from. I finally settled on these earrings. The top pair, finished with a gold outline are silver and glittery. Another thing I go weak at the knees for, anything glittery! I liked the bigger gold pair for a casual daytime look, and at £3.50 for both pairs, why not treat yourself?


This is the first statement necklace I've brought, and for £5.00 in Dorothy Perkins, the choice was easy. Well in fact, the choice was between gold and silver, but I eventually settled on silver. I planned to wear this whilst on a placement at ELLE Magazine, but it works great for a night time look also. It has a great mirror effect, great for reflecting the sun (if it ever comes out.)


This silver barred necklace I got from H&M. Out of all the necklaces they had on show, this was the one I found the most simple, and affordable at £7.99. I've recently been drawn more to gold jewellery, but I've found that sometimes it can be a little harsh, especially on my skin, so a silver is perfect if you have a pale skin tone. I'm looking forward to trying out this necklace with some different outfits to see how it looks.


If you know me, you'll know I can't resist a new nail varnish, so whilst shopping, I got myself some BarryM colours. I had the Essie one already, but these colours look great together don't you think? These three would have to be my summer picks. Nice and bright, just what you need to get you in the summer mood.


I got these from Superdrug, but Boots sell them also. If you can't find these colours anywhere, take a look on the website for a wider selection. Try not to get too carried away like I do though, nail varnishes are definitely my weakness!


This was the final colour I treated myself to. Miss Sporty's collection of nail varnishes aren't great and I find that the colour does chip easily, even after two coats plus a top coat. (Apologies for the chipped nails above.) Apart from that, the colour choices are great! I'm currently wearing this metallic blue, and have had many complements!

Have you brought anything this week?


Rachel
x









No comments:

Post a Comment