Tuesday 5 November 2013

BarryM | Autumn / Winter Nails





When it comes to winter, I feel that Dark nails are essential. They fit the cold weather perfectly, and as much as a bright summery nail varnish puts you in a good mood, nothing says Winter more than a dark christmassy coloured manicure. Now, firstly my nail varnish obsession is out of control, and by that I mean a huge box of colours that I regularly never wear, just buy with the intention of wearing them because they are pretty, or my usual weakness of glitter. But these 4 that I selected are the perfect winter colours, and will look great day or night. 

The first colour I went for was a Dark green, or as titled 'Watermelon'. I'm not usually a fan of Greens so I thought I would step out of my comfort zone, and try something a little darker than usual. This Varnish goes on smoothly without any little air bubbles (which may I add are a pain in the butt!) I managed to get away with just 1 coat of this, but for a stronger and shinier look 2 would do the trick. I'm still to try out this one a little more, but so far, so good and I can definitely see myself using this one nearer christmas teamed with a dark red for a little Christmas nail art.

The second colour I went for was one I've been hunting around for for a while now. Indigo. I saw this colour on a friend and instantly liked it, although the colour was a shellac, so the finish was a lot shinier than usual, this colour is eye catching, and a great autumn winter varnish. I figured I would wear this colour a lot, as I'm fairly fussy when it comes to nails and outfits. They have to somewhat go together. And being someone who wears a lot of white, black and grey, I figured this colour would look good. Plus teamed with some gold or silver rings, this colour will really stand out. I used 2 coats for this, as it is fairly thin. I also teamed this look with a coat of silver glitter on the top, which looks great. Although glitter varnish is a NIGHTMARE to get off.

Thirdly, a dark shimmery purple caught my eye. I've always been a fan of purple polishes, although I'd never opted for one quite as dark. This colour has a really nice glossy finish and again works great from day to night. I found that this colour shows up more under or in the light, but again is great for a casual wintery look. 

Last but not least, I got drawn back to the blues. This time I chose a shimmery navy colour. With all my reasons being the same as the other blue I got, I figured this colour would be good for when I fancied a different shade, or depending on my mood if I wanted to go a little darker. The only issue I had with this colour is that it really stains your nails when removing it, so I found it best to apply 1 or 2 under coats of clear varnish to prevent staining. Other than that, it is a lovely colour and one I'll find myself wearing a lot through winter.

As always, Barry M never fail to disappoint with their amazing products. I've lost count of how many of their nail varnishes I have now, but can assure you that more will be making their way to my collection very soon.

What are your favourite colours for Autumn / Winter? 


Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment