Friday 8 November 2013

Winter Is Here

It's that time of year again, time to put all of your summer clothes to the back of your wardrobe and dig out the woolly hat, gloves and scarf ready for the daunting season that is Winter. Winter is a love / hate thing for me. Firstly because I hate being cold, I'd much rather be snuggled up in bed watching films with a nice cuppa than dragging myself out of bed for an hour lecture in the cold and rain. Although, I do love hunting around for cosy jumpers, scarves and all things wintery. This year I decided that I needed to invest in a good pair of gloves. And with this in mind, I chose to head to Primark. Yes, I know what you're thinking 'hardly the best quality' but at £3 a pair, I couldn't complain. They had a wide variety to choose from. Some plain, come printed, and others (which are my favourite) with Animals on, so obviously, being the mature 20 year old that I am, I picked the ones with Foxes on. (Not sorry!) 



The next thing that says Winter for me, is a weather proof coat, and nothing says winter more than a coat with a fluffy hood! This one I picked up last year from Internacionale (Kids Section) Yes, the coat in the kids section fits me, be jealous! Im proud to say that this coat has got me through one winter, and I'm hoping it's going to get me through another.



Now... you know it's certainly winter when the Christmas decorations are up. This has to be one of my favourite things about Winter. Although all of the decorations go up early, I love how festive everyone gets, and the mad shopping rush. Although it isn't so fun when you have to work in a retail store and there are mad shoppers everywhere. 


Next up is Bonfire Night. Although I don't enjoy being outside in the cold, I do enjoy getting all snug in my winter warmers and standing outside with a cheeky hot chocolate watching the fireworks. For me, I love how unpredictable the fireworks are. No one knows what to expect, how many will be let off, or what the colour will be like. This year we had a display put on at my University Halls, and I have to say it was pretty impressive. 


Finally, It's all about the dark nails. For me, lighter pastel shades of varnish just don't work in the winter, and I prefer to stick to darker shades such as blues and reds. This year, I'm loving the Burgundy colour. 

What are your favourite things about winter?


Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Those gloves are so cute!! I bought a similar pair for my friend last Christmas.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got lovely nails!! Love the gloves too xx

    raspberrycheeks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thankyou! The gloves are a must have this winter. Primark do some lovely ones!

    Thank you for checking out my blog also. I'm just about to check out both of yours.

    x

    ReplyDelete