Saturday 27 April 2013

Acrylic Nails

Ever since I discovered nail polish, I've developed a bit of an obsession. I can't bare for my nails to have no colour on them, and don't even get me started on chipped nails! The only negative thing I would say about normal polishes is that the colour never lasts as long as you would like it to, unless you are willing to paint about 6 coats, but I know I certainly do not have the patience for that! I've tried all of the tricks, paining a lighter colour underneath first, putting on a base coat, top coats, painting underneath the nail, you name it, yet guaranteed my colour will last no longer than two days... if I'm lucky!

I soon discovered Acrylic nails! Although, they aren't as cheap, they look a lot nicer than your average home manicure. Acrylics range from £15 - £25 usually, depending on where you go to get them done, so it's best to have a look around to get a good price! I'd happily pay £20 for a full set of Acrylics, and then usually another £15 to get them re filled a few weeks after.

For me, as many times as I tell myself I won't get acrylics, I ALWAYS go back and get them done, but let's be honest, you'r nails always look nice when someone else has done them! Although they may leave you nails paper thin afterwards, they are natural looking (if you don't go for a Katie Price length) long lasting, and most importantly, don't chip! After spending roughly 30 mins in the nail salon, you are left with a full set of fresh, non chipped nails.

Although Acrylics look nice, they are not the most healthy option for your nails, leaving them dry, thin and cracked after the extensions have been removed. A new product called Shellac, I've recently tried out is brilliant! A gel nail varnish, dried using UV light, 2 coats of varnish are set on your nails, giving them a healthy shine. 

And costing a cheeky £20, why not treat yourself to a set of healthy Shellacs!


Acrylic Nails



No comments:

Post a Comment