Thursday 30 May 2013

ELLE Day 3

Arriving at 10am, my desk was tidy and ready for me to start my busy day. Today's priority was the fashion cupboard. With items constantly being taken in and out of the cupboard for editorial and shoots, it rarely stays tidy and things are always moved around, making it mine, and Megan's (another intern) job to organise. Believe it or not, ELLE'S fashion cupboards are relatively small, yet filled with incredible designers, making it hard to place things. A good two hours later and the cupboard was organised. Much better, and the team certainly appreciated it as they were too busy planning and working on the September issue. 

Next, my job was to collect delivery from the post room, with a whole shelf dedicated to ELLE fashion, there are a good 20+ deliveries per day, and with a tiny cupboard, it can be a little tricky unpacking it all. 

The majority of my days are spent doing urgent and normal returns. Urgent ones need putting in the original packaging, and taken downstairs to becollected by   someone from the store it was requested  from. And all other returns are simply posted to the store, simple once you get the hang of it! 

The least favourite part of my day would have to be bagging up hangers, not the most exciting job, but the fashion cupboard looks a whole lot better now, and the most favourite part of my day would have to be arranging the fashion cupboard, and seeing all of the new trends that no one else has seen yet. I promise you, it's worth the wait, they are fabulous! 




Pictures; 

Sorting hangers - not fun 
Fashion returns - got the hang of it now!
Dolce & Gabbana bird cage heels - LOVE


That's all for now, after a long day, it's another long train journey home, then back to ELLE tomorrow. I'll be head intern on Monday as Megan's leaving tomorrow, but excited to take on the challenge! 

Rachel  x




2 comments:

  1. WOW! It looks like you are having an amazing time! I am at Top Sante at the moment and it is always so busy as well. I hope you are enjoying every second of being there! :) xMelody

    http://www.mlsxx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, yeah its been amazing and I loved every minute of it. A lot of hard work but it is very rewarding! it was my last day yesterday, but they have asked me to come back and do another two days, so thats brilliant. Hope your having a good tim at Top Sante! xx

    ReplyDelete