Friday 31 May 2013

My Thoughts on ELLE so far...

I have been at ELLE for a week now (it's gone so fast!) but so far I have learnt a lot about how the fashion department works. It's a very busy and fast paced industry so you have to ensure you are that extra one step ahead as sometimes it can get a little over whelming when there are 4 urgent returns to do at once. 

Before I started, people told me it would be similar to the film 'The Devil Wears Prada' and in some ways it is, but the people in the offices and the industry are extremely busy with many other things. 

Although in the offices there is communication between staff regarding shoots, pages and most often returns, a lot of the time it's just you, at your desk, getting on with the job at hand. 

For me, I enjoy being kept busy, there for  the return are perfect as I know I can move from one to the other and continue with what ever else needs to be done. 

I'm loving my time at ELLE so far, and today I have a lot more to learn as from Monday, I will be the 'main' intern and will have to show someone else what to do. So today will be spent taking all the information in. 

Don't forget to check out my next post on how my Friday at ELLE went today

Rachel. x

No comments:

Post a Comment